Sunday, August 23, 2015
1:24 AM Report of attempted auto theft of a Jeep on the 5500 block of Dunham road. Stolen temporary plates from another vehicle were found in the vehicle and returned to their owner.
1:39 AM A 78 year old, intoxicated male fell through window of the Cosmetology School on Southgate Park. Subject sustained cuts but refused medical attention. He was cited for public intoxication.
4:38 AM 5 Juveniles hid a stolen Dodge Durango behind an apartment complex garage on the 5200 block of Lee Road, after hitting the garage. The vehicle had been stolen late Saturday night from the Prime Station when the owner had left the vehicle running while he “ran inside”. There was a gun in the vehicle when it was stolen, but only an empty magazine was recovered. Complainant reported 5 occupants walking towards Libby. At 5:10 PM complainant called back and reported suspects were back and looking for their cell phones. One was arrested.
4:41 PM Report of gun shots at the intersection of Friend Avenue and Charles Street. Witness identified the suspect.
10:33 PM Police called out for a verbal dispute. While in the building the officers reported a strong odor of gas. The fire department located a leak at the stove and the shut off the gas line to the stove. #CountYourBlessings
Monday, August 24, 2015
- A wallet was stolen from her unlocked vehicle on the 18100 block of Waterbury. The victim was alerted to the theft by notifications from her bank reporting several withdrawals.
- A resident from the 18400 reported her purse was stolen and the passenger door on the driver’s side was busted. Purchases were made on the debit card.
- Several pieces of lawn equipment were stolen from the garage of a home on the 19200 block of McCracken.
- A complainant from the 18700 block of Longview report the theft of a lawnmower from their unattached garage. Complainant called back at 4:23 PM reporting seeing her lawnmower in the back of a truck. She reported the license plate number which had expired in 2010 and came back to a car. Officers were unable to locate the vehicle.
12:53 AM Report of smoke coming out of the basement of a home on the 17200 block of McCracken. A Crockpot in the basement had caught on fire.
1:21 PM Dryer fire in the basement of a home on the 18200 block of Hazelwood.
4:32 Caller reporting seeing 2 males carrying a TV into a vacant house on the 16000 block of Glenwood. 5:22 PM the caller called back reporting location of suspects. Juveniles were found at the Southgate USA Park. One suspect confessed the TV had come from a home on the 15800 block of Maplewood. The officers found the side door open and the TV missing.
Wednesday, August 25, 2015
- Theft from a vehicle on the 19400 block of Longvale. Front passenger window was busted out and vehicle was rummaged through. Cash was stolen from the 2015 car.
- 2 residents from the 19200 block and 1 from the 19000 block of Longview reported their vehicles were rummage through but nothing taken.
3:53 PM Complaint of vehicles picking up children blocking the intersection of Dunham/Summit. Officer responded and directed traffic.
4:26 PM Benhoff Avenue resident arrived home to find that someone had made entry through side window and a PlayStation is missing.
5:18, 5:28 PM Two calls from the 5100 block of Arch Street reporting juveniles in front yards. The second caller reported juveniles were throwing apples at their house and were hiding behind garage. Juveniles were turned over to parent.
Wednesday, August 26, 2015
2:58 AM Resident of the 19200 block of Stafford reporting attempted burglary. Resident observed burglar through window. Burglar ran through the back yards of Stafford Ave upon seeing resident.
3:35 AM Resident of the 19900 block of Maple Heights Blvd reported hearing a window break and pots and pans rattling and sees lights on that should not be on. Officers found the door kicked in and window broken. The house was cleared with help from Bedford and Bedford Heights.
3:57 PM Reports of 7-8 gunshots near South and Mapleboro from a resident on South. Resident from the 18100 block of Maple Heights Blvd reported a male in her back yard, resident from the 18200 block saw a male riding a bike towards Warrensville Center. 16 year old shot in front of a home on the 5400 block of South Blvd. The residence was open and cleared by police. Vehicle parked on South side of Mapleboro had bullet holes. For more information please see the Press Release from MHPD.
7:01 PM Detective on follow up drug abuse investigation arrested one an recovered a gun with its serial number defaced.
Thursday, August 27, 2015
6:26 AM report of a pedestrian hit by a vehicle on the 16400 Block of Rockside Road. Pedestrian, Kerry L. Kipfstuhl, was confirmed dead. Investigation is ongoing.
- Report of theft of change from unlocked vehicle on the 21200 block of Gardenview.
- Report of theft of purse from unlocked vehicle on the 5200 block of Erwin.
- 19400 Longview theft of wallet from unlocked vehicle.
3:09 PM Squad transport for dog bite victim on the 5600 block of Waterbury.
Friday, August 28, 2015
5:37 AM Patrolman found stolen auto and one plate belonging to another vehicle was recovered.
8:29 AM A . It was brought back to the station and placed into evidence.
- Theft from an auto on the 18800 block of McCracken. Nothing was taken but car was rummaged through.
7:35 PM Complainant reporting her ex is in her house and he is not supposed to be there. Male took off running and was arrested on his outstanding warrant.
10:36 PM Caller from Philip reported hearing 4 gun shots. At 10:40 South Pointe advised they are working on female who was shot on Philip. One casings was found on the 5100 block of Philip. A van was located on the 5200 block of Erwin.
Saturday, August 29, 2015
- Windshield smashed on a vehicle on the 15700 block of Libby.
- Theft of purse and iPad from an unlocked vehicle on the 20600 block of Donnybrook.
11:05 PM A 2005 Silver Honda Civic was stolen by a male walking his dog.
11:41 Report of two groups shooing at each other near Warrenville Center and Hansen.
Found bikes (placed into evidence at Police Station):
- Pink Roadmaster bike found in the backyard of a home on the 5000 block of Joseph. (Wednesday)
- Blue bike on the 5100 block of Lee Road in the trash. (Wednesday)
- blue/silver mountain bike was found on the 19800 block of Stockton (Friday)