Lutheran Church of the Covenant Farmer’s Market
- Runs every Saturday June 21- September 21
- 9:30 AM -1:30 PM
Maple Heights Farmer’s Market
10:00 AM to 12:00 PM behind the Maple Heights Senior Center.
- Friday, July 10th.
- Friday, July 24th.
- Friday, August 7th.
- Friday, August 21st.
This “mobile market” will sell to both seniors with coupons and cash paying customers.
Maple Heights Senior Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program
The Maple Heights Senior Center is a distribution site for the 2015 Senior Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program for seniors living in the 44137 and 44125 zip codes. Seniors can pick up the coupons on a first come, first serve basis starting June 15th. (The Human Service department requests that interested participants call, (216)-587-5481, to confirm that coupons are ready for distribution.)
Each participant will receive 10 $5 coupons.Seniors who are homebound may appoint someone to pick up and redeem coupons on their behalf. Seniors can use their coupons at any farmers market or roadside stand that participates in the program to purchase locally grown fruits, vegetables, herbs and even honey.
- live in zip codes 44137 or 44125 (click here to find the distribution site for other zip codes)
- 60 or older and
- meet the income requirements below:
- $21,775 or less – household of 1 person
- $29,471 or less – household of 2 people
- $37,167 or less – household of 3 people
- $44,863 or less – household of 4 people
- $52,559 or less – household of 5 people
- $60,255 or less – household of 6 people
Farmer’s Market Programs for Families
SNAP recipients can also make purchases at Farmers Markets by going to the Market Information Tent to receive tokens in exchange for a debit of funds from their Ohio Direction Card at participating markets. Check here for the 2015 directory of Farmer’s Markets that participate.
Please note: WIC or SNAP program do NOT have participating Farmer’s Market locations in Maple Heights.