Sunday, March 8, 2015
4:24am – Male passed out behind the wheel of a vehicle stopped at the intersection of Libby Rd./Anthony St. where the 37yo driver was cited and taken into custody. While observing the sleeping operator, an open 1/4 full bottle of Hennessey Cognac was located on the passenger seat. The subject was cited for open container, operating a vehicle while impaired, refusal, driving under suspension, safety belt and impeding the flow of traffic.
4:15pm – Car on fire in the rear of V and C Auto Sales on Broadway Ave.
6:33pm – Officer reported an attempt to stop a vehicle, for erratic driving, traveling in the wrong lanes on Warrensville Ctr. Rd./Rockside Rd. The driver stated he has diabetes and sounded confused. Maple Heights Rescue Squad checked on the health of the driver and was able to level his sugar levels off whereas the male did not seem to be confused anymore. The male was advised that if he is feeling ill due to his diabetes he should not drive and seek medical attention.
* 9:01pm – Circle K, on Northfield Rd., reported an intoxicated male who is refusing to leave the business. When officers arrived, it was apparent that the subject was extremely intoxicated by a strong alcoholic odor, slurred speech, blood shot watery eyes, and he had difficulty keeping himself standing with support. An abrasion was viewed above the subject’s right eye, which happened earlier when he fell. A squad was called to treat his eye and he was eventually transported to Bedford Hospital for further care. A citation for disorderly conduct while intoxicated was issued.
Monday March 9, 2015
12:21am – Complainant from Waterbury Ave. reported her 30yo live-in male friend is off his bi-polar medication. The complainant locked him out of the residence and he is currently in the garage throwing items around. Officer was injured during this incident, along with the subject (who was placed under arrest) and both were transported to Marymount Hospital. Subject was released from police custody due to his injury and will be charged later after a prosecutor ruling.
* 8:32am – Circle K, on Northfield Rd. reported an intoxicated male that won’t leave the property (same subject from the night before). Dispatch received several calls reporting the male crossed Libby Rd. and has fallen down on the side of the road by Rite Aid. The male was located and was being held up by several people. Subject was arrested and charged with trespassing and disorderly conduct.
9:15am – Burglary to a vacant residence on Homewood Ave. Sometime over the weekend, entry was gained through an UNLOCKED side door and all the copper piping was taken.
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
4:57pm – Complainant from Nitra Ave. reported she was being scammed on Facebook. Complainant received messages via Facebook and via text messages from a person claiming to be Douglas Doxtater in Grand Rapids, MI and a phone number of 213-294-7604, that she needed to send $1000 to claim her prize. The complainant did not send any money but wanted the incident documented.
Wednesday March 11, 2015
1:13am – Female from Warrensville Ctr. Rd. reported there was a male banging on her 44yo daughters door and window. The 33yo male subject was located with an open container and marijuana on his person. While approaching the subject, an officer stated he heard an object land on the ground and at that time two more officers approached the subject from the rear where they observed a plastic bag containing 50g of marijuana on the ground. The male also admitted to having an open container of Mike’s Hard Cranberry Liquor inside of the bus stop located nearby. The subject was advised of criminal trespassing, arrested for his Capias for disorderly conduct and issued summonses for open container and marijuana possession.
10:48pm – Caller from Nitra Ave. reported his stepson, who had been drinking, is tearing up the residence. As officers were arriving, the 29yo male took off down Mayville at a high rate of speed and was stopped at Maple Hts. Blvd. and Warrensville Ctr. Rd. Speaking to both parties involved, neither wished to make a formal statement against the other in reference to any alledged assault nor wished to sign a waiver of prosecution. During the administrative inventory of the vehicle, an open 3/4 full bottle of tequila was located. The subject was arrested and charged with operating a vehicle while impaired and cited for open container. Officers reported the male in custody was also kicking the doors inside the cruiser.
Thursday, March 12, 2015
7:27pm – Employee of Dollar Bank on Warrensville Ctr. Rd. called about a female who fell on the ice. Upon officers arrival, the 56yo female was located lying facedown in the parking lot and while attempting to speak to the subject, officers detected a strong alcoholic odor. The subject had fallen while walking across the parking lot striking her forehead on the pavement. She was cited for public intoxication and given a Maple Heights Mayor’s Court date.
Friday March 13, 2015
4:05am – Call received from a passer-by of a male in a vehicle on Lee Rd./McCracken Rd., who is not moving. Squad en route to Marymount, Kelly’s towing en route for the tow and subject was charged with operating a vehicle under the influence and possession of cocaine.
8:41am – Anonymous female complainant reported loud music from a vehicle on Maple Hts. Blvd. Upon officers arrival, music was being played in a car with the doors open. Music was excessive, and the 51yo male subject was cited for disturbing the peace.
3:05pm – Sunoco on Warrensville Ctr. Rd. report of juveniles fighting. There was no one fighting upon officers arrival.
3:11pm – Report from Warrensville Ctr. Rd./Mountville Dr. of kids walking in the street and one of the males kicked the complainant’s vehicle. Another caller reporting there are kids in the area throwing bottles at vehicles. Upon officers arrival, there were only kids in the area walking orderly.
3:16pm – Call from the area of Maple Hts. Blvd./Beechwood Ave. of a gunshot heard. Another caller from Knoll stated her son just came home and an unknown male fired a gun out the window of a white vehicle while he was walking on Beechwood
3:19pm – Approximately 20 juveniles standing in the middle of the South Blvd./Dalewood Ave. Another juvenile was stopped on Mapleboro/South and cited for walking in the street.
4:23pm – Call from Raymond St./Tatra St. of two 13yo male juveniles fighting.
6:55pm – Call from Steinway Blvd./Glenwood Ave. reporting 8 juveniles walking in the middle of the street not moving for traffic.
Saturday, March 14, 2015
2:40am – A traffic stop was initiated on Maple Hts. Blvd./Warrensville Ctr. Rd. where in the center console in plain view was an open 24oz Milwuakee’s Best Ice. 56yo male subject was cited for open container.
5:39am – Officer out with a parking violator on Arch St. where the vehicle is UNLOCKED and a gun is visible, The vehicle was towed by Kelly’s and the gun was entered into evidence.
7:43am – RTA PD out with a 21yo male on Warrensville Ctr. Rd. who is requesting EMS after injuring his finger while resisting arrest.
8:27am – RTA PD brought back a male (from previous report) who they arrested at the RTA station. Subject was charged with disorderly conduct while intoxicated, resisting arrest and obstruction. He was also charged with misconduct involving a Public Transportation System
# OF CALLS FROM:
* Adams Ave./1, Arch St./2, Anthony St./5, Applegate Ave./4
* Beechwood Ave./2, Benhoff Dr./2, Beverly Ave./1, Broadway Ave./23, Bowling Green/1, Brunswick Ave./3
* Catherine St./2, Cato St./3, Clare Ave./10, Clement St./8, Corkhill Rd./1, Corridon Ave./2
* Dalewood Ave./8, Donnybrook Rd./1, Dunham Rd./14
* Edgewood Ave./3, Edgewood Ct./2, Edinboro Ave./2, Erwin St./3, Evening Star Dr./1
* Fairview Ave./1, Florence Dr./1, Forest Ave./2, Franklin Rd./1, Friend Ave./1
* Gardenview Dr./5, Gerard Ave./1, Glenburn Ave./2, Glenwood Ave./4, Granger Rd./10, Greendale Ave./1
* Hansen Rd./3, Henry St./1, Hill St./2, Hollywood Ave./3, Home St./2, Homewood Ave./1
* Jefferson Rd./1, Joseph St./3
* Kennerdown Ave./1, Kenyon Dr./1, Knoll Dr./2, Krems Ave./3
* Lafayette Ave./1, Lawn Ave./1, Lee Rd./13, Lee Rd. S./1, Libby Rd./18, Longvale Ave./2, Longview Ave./4
* Maple Hts. Blvd./12, Mapleboro Ave./2, Maplepark Dr./10, Maplewood Ave./3, Maplewood Ct./3, McCracken Rd./2, Mendota Ave./1, Miller Ave./7, Mountville Dr./3
* Nitra Ave./6, Northfield Rd./10, Northwood Ave./1
* Oakwood Ave./1
* Paine Ave./1, Pease Rd./1, Pennsylvania Ave./2, Philip St./4
* Ramage Ave./1, Raymond St./11, Rochelle Ave./1, Rockside Rd./6
* Shirley Ave./2, South Blvd./2, Southgate Park/3, Stafford Ave./1, Stanley Ave./2, Steinway Blvd./2, Sunny Lane/1
* Tabor Ave./1, Tatra St./3, Theodore St./4, Thomas St./5, Tokay Ave./5, Turney Rd./2
* Walvern Blvd./1, Warrensville Ctr. Rd./23, Waterbury Ave./2, Watson Rd./2, West Blvd./2, W. Glenn Dr./1, Wheeler Rd./3, Wingate Ave./2