Every year we look forward to the menu of special Christmas foods. What we don’t look forward to are the unavoidable results. What can we do to keep those unwanted pounds away while still enjoying the season?
This year, as you eat with friends and family, keep the following tips in mind:
- Try not to fill your plate to over-flowing, if the food is falling off of the plate or is stacked 3 or more inches high, it is a bit too much.
- Forget the snacking, save the calories for the main event.
- Be selective, survey what is there and choose what you will really enjoy.
- Eat more slowly, savor the food, the atmosphere and fellowship.
- Eat only until you are satisfied, rather than eating until you feel like you will explode.
- Don’t be forced into trying every desert on the table, ask if you can bring some home to eat another day.
- Drink water or a low calorie beverage.
Remember, keep it sane this Christmas or you may find yourself in need of another hard-to-keep resolution in 2014.