Why is this important?
In a nutshell, lack of sleep has some unpleasant effects upon the brain, and the entire central nervous system. Such as:
- poor decision-making
- trouble concentrating
- poor coordination (which can lead to accidents)
Help for Sleeplessness:
- Try to go to bed and get up at the same time every day.
- Take a warm bath or shower before bedtime.
- Read or watch something uplifting and peaceful before bed.
- Keep the bedroom area dark and slightly cool
- Avoid caffeine products, such as coffee, tea and chocolate several hours before bed.
TIP: If you do have an occasional poor night of sleep, allow yourself extra time to do things and don’t make any major decisions until you have had a good night of sleep.